> On Nov 22, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Josh Dersch <dersc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> So... maybe I just completely missed the memo on this, and maybe there's
> still something wrong with my backplane... is it possible that slot 9 of the
> 11/40's CPU backplane is wired *specifically* for an M7800?  I guess I need
> to spend some time tonight seeing what the differences are... but now I need
> to go attend to a cranky 2yo who just woke up from a nap…

I seem to recall something similar with one of the 11/40’s I was working on.  I
believe that because the 11/40 CPU backplane is wired for an M787 that things
don’t work quite right if you try and install an M7856 into the SPC slot in the
backplane and try and use it and not the M787.  There is a way to jumper the
CPU backplane so you can use na M7856 and not the M787.  I haven’t really
investigated it in detail (and it’s been a long time since I messed around with
the 11/40 at that level).

TTFN - Guy