But if somebody has falling-apart books, I can get them guillotined and scan them ADF. They can then be rebound - DIY or pay someone to do it. I know at least one bookbinder is on this list :)

Located Toronto, Canada.

--Toby

On 2016-11-28 10:12 PM, allison wrote:
On 11/28/2016 09:23 PM, W2HX wrote:
Hi all,

I am in the market to obtain the PDP-8/e small computer handbook in the form of
a real book. There is one on ABE books available which is softcover. I always
worry about a 500 page book in softcover in terms of the binding and general
sturdiness. Was there a hardcover version of this book and does anyone have one
for sale?
Thanks
Eugene W2HX

The soft cover was common.  In 40 years I've never seen a hard cover
version even inside DEC.

Mine is old, its shows wear but its still useful.  I expect in time it
will start to fall apart but
like many of the others from DEC I've made repairs that kept those
intact if not pretty.
There are two issues, the binding glue drying and cracking, the other is
high acid paper.

Allison