On 12/5/2016 2:31 PM, Holm Tiffe wrote:

Hey Holm;

I'm _pretty sure_ I have the Z80 disassembler for the 1630. I have a 1630G
and a 9121, but unfortunately I was never able to get the 1631 to talk to
the 9121 - I don't know if the drive was bad as I have no other way to
test it.

Has anyone else gotten you an image of this? if not I can try and figure
out a way to image it.

   - JP
No, I don't have gotten something off list jet.
I've heard from a friend that another friend that died in the menatime, had
managed to copy HP9121 disks on a plain PC with something like Super Copy.
The drive was used on some HP Computer that controlled a PCB assembly
system from Siemens in his case and that is from where my Drive is
coming from.
Additionally I've read somewhere that it should be possible to write
such disks on Linux with some utils, but I haven't had the time jet to do
some experiments myself.
I have an FreeBSD Computer with 3,5 and 5,25 inch floppy drives in the
same room as the 1631D, maybe I could try this tomorrow.

What's the problem with your drive? Set the Drives Address to 2, this is
the default and check the peripherals menu again it the drive could be
found. I've fiddeled around for some time until I got it going...

Regards,

Holm

Aren't these 1630D diskettes in HP's LIF format? There are LIF utilities for the PC to read / write diskettes for the 9121. I've done it and have all the hardware and software in working order -- just not readily available for awhile.

Like you, Holm, I've a 1630D as well as 1630G I'd love to find these disassemblers for. Would be useful to collect as many as can be found and put on Bitsavers.

- J.