On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Rick Bensene <ri...@bensene.com> wrote:

> I am in the same situation as Tony with my PDP 8/e system.  My system
> originally
> came with a blank black panel at the top, that had a rotary switch placed in
> the center
> which would allow remapping of the three RK05 drives to different unit
> numbers.   It
> also came with an additional "blank" black panel (no sign of any adhesive
> residue
> either).  I'd love to have the correct insert for the blank panel to put at
> the top of the rack.

Replying to various comments all at once....

I've had another careful look at the black plastic panel. There may be
a little adhesive residue
on it but not much, and if it is, it looks like the sort of glue on
double-sided tape. So perhaps
a non-DEC banner was put there by a previous owner.

The recess measures 18+1/2" by 3+5/16". Just so we all agree on what
is needed. That
was measured with a steel tape measure, nothing more accurate.

> If anyone (Rod S. (aka Panelman) seems a great possibility) ends up making
> something
> that is reasonably accurate and looks good, I'd sign up to buy one straight
> away.

I would too, unless the price is _ridiculous_. Any idea what the price would be?

-tony