On 2017-01-13 3:17 PM, Paul Koning wrote:

On Jan 13, 2017, at 1:05 PM, Toby Thain <t...@telegraphics.com.au> wrote:
AUD $25,000 for a Linotype L100 PostScript imagesetter (used).

Has a 68K computer inside it with Adobe ROMs. Communication via serial or
AppleTalk.

One of the first high resolution PostScript imagesetters. Put a lot of feet of
bromide paper through it.

Neat! By the standards of the time, those were not really high image
quality, but definitely adequate and successful for newspaper work. I
remember working with them in the early 1980s.

Yes, its primary job was newspaper galley setting when I bought it, but I did bureau work on the side. Even some negatives of questionable density ;)

--Toby