On 1/17/2017 9:09 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
I find it curious that what seems to be collected in the minicomputer
area seems to be gear of major brands.

Does anyone collect Varian minis?
Or General Automation?
Or any one of the many non-DEC, HP, etc. minis?  Heck, I don't read much
about DG minis  on this list--and they were a major force.

--Chuck

I have a Varian 620 L and 620I but have never tried to power them up. Also have a GA SPC-16/80, SPC-12, and 18/30.

I would really love to play with the 18/30 but have very little documentation on it. No hardware docs at all. It's compatible with the IBM 1800 and 1130, both of which I have, so would great to get running. Some photos of it
are on my web site. http://dvq.com/oldcomp/minis.htm

If anyone has documentation on the 18/30 please contact me (or get it to bitsavers).

Bob

--
Vintage computers and electronics
www.dvq.com