Next milestone reached:

tu58fs 1.0 now supports the RT-11 file system, additional to DOS11/XXDP (phew!)

And its easier to use: I also precompiled binaries für Linux x64, Win32 Cygwin, ARM Beaglebone Black and RPi. Also some batch files show typical usage, XXDP/RT-11 tape and disk images are included.

Docs on http://retrocmp.com/tools/tu58fs
Precompiled releases at https://github.com/j-hoppe/tu58fs/releases

The RT-11 filesystem has the special features of "extended directory entries" and "file prefixes". These are fully supported by tu58fs, but I never heard of real-life usage. Anybody can talk about it, or has RT-11 images with dir extension and/or file prefixes?

best,
Joerg