Hello Fred,

Thank you for the post.

This is really a chicken vs egg issue here.

Apparently, no one right now has a copy of this key.

No one seems to even have a picture of the key.

There have been a couple of pictures + eBay sales shared that show, what I would call newer keys. I label them newer keys because the keys shown have a purple plastic surround molded on to them.

Does that mean they won't work? I don't know. The 1000e is a 1992 vintage box. If I recall correctly, Sun's purple era was early 2000's.

Someone out there has a spare of the key I need. I feel confident that ultimately it will turn up sooner or later.

Jerry