On Sat, 4 Mar 2017, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
The whole "foo via cctalk" is *really* annoying...  What is wrong with
a half default mailman setup?  There is no Reply-To header there, From
is set to the person actually sending the message (as it should be).

Yes, that is most annoying. My complaint (and I guess many more from other users will follow) is, that if you reply to a message on the list, the author of that message gets a private mail, too, as he is listed in the Reply-To:-field. This is *wrong* and must be corrected (i.e. removed)! (BTW this reply to Alfed's mail is to one sent to me privately because of that error).

And all the bounce addresses are set to
cctalk-bounces+foo=b...@classiccmp.org where foo=bar is the user
sending the message.

No, the Envelope-From: only has "cctalk-boun...@classiccmp.org", there's no "+foo=bar" in it. And yes, the change in the address fields don't cure the bounce problem because the envelope from field is unchanged (and *that* field is used for bounces, not the header fields *within* the mail).

Christian