On 03/09/2017 09:00 PM, Douglas Taylor via cctalk wrote:
I'm trying to return to the computing days of yesteryear when people hooked graphics terminals to VAXes.

I don't have a Tektronix graphics terminal but I do have a MicroVax II and a laptop running Debian Linux. Up to now I've been using the laptop as a console device and connecting to the Vax using minicom. I thought that the laptop would be a natural as a Tektronix type terminal.

On the MicroVax I have just started with PGPLOT and MIIPS, which are scientific plotting packages that run on Vaxes.

I would like to use the laptop to emulate a Tek terminal connected to the Vax through a serial port, but there doesn't seem to be anything available to do that. Does anyone know of such a thing
Hmmm, seems to me the VCB01 and DecWindows would emulate a Tek terminal in the terminal window. I don't think you had to add any software to make that work.

Also, seems a VT220 or a bunch of other terminals would do Tek 4010/4012 emulation. Lear Sigler ADM36, GraphOn come to mind.

Jon