As I may have mentioned a while back, I have dug out my backup floppy disks from my National Semiconductor Genix system. In 1984 or so, I built a clone of a Logical Microcomputer 32016 system and copied the OS. I used it for a while, but it was maddeningly slow. This system used a Multibus backplane and a Konan Taisho disk controller, that could handle MFM floppies and hard drives. This backup is from my copy of the system, and so has a few tidbits of mildly interesting stuff. One thing is I was helping Steve Ciarcia of Circuit Cellar magazine answer his mail, and as this was my only system with 5" floppies, I used it for that. So, this backup probably has some rather amusing replies to the totally INSANE questions he got. One of my favorites was "Steve, can you jot down on the back of an envelope the schematic for an IBM PC so I can hand wire it?" I also wrote a VERY BAD driver for a Versatec printer. It worked, but was insanely inefficient in graphics mode, and took a half hour per page to print. Worked fine in text mode, though.

I don't remember what compilers we had on this, obviously C, and maybe Pascal and FORTRAN.

Since it worked fine to read and write PC compatible floppies, the floppy format should be easy to read. But, I think this "backup" is a block by block dump of the file system. Notes on the floppies show :
cp dc(0,0) on the first,
cp dc(0,800) on the second, etc.

So, if anyone wants to try to recover the files off this, I'd be glad to donate the set. It appears to be 2 boxes of floppies, 28 in total. I have some more floppies that seem to be the last half of an earlier backup, with less info on how it was written.

Thanks,

Jon