On 4/16/2017 11:28 AM, Anders Nelson via cctalk wrote:
Hi guys,

I recently impulse-bought a paper tape reader from eBay, a Remex
RRS6500BE1/660/DRB/U901

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/292050475397

Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/Wa3W7mtTwwuTczUV7

I have a half a dozen of these. A friend used them to punch tapes for an automatic wire wrap machine (actually 3 of those) for his business.

When we went to Remex in the early 80's in Irvine for service they had probably 100 in the pipeline for rebuild for the Air Force. They were used extensively for a very long time with AWACS and other systems the AF had, and that kept the service part of Remex running for a long time.

I don't know if anyone took that over, but it may still be around here in Orange County.

The colors of the unit you have identifies it as one that was potentially built for Microdata. The putty color matches the 1600 front panel.

http://s7.computerhistory.org/is/image/CHM/102718928p-03-05?$re-medium$

The CHM website is fubar for me today, or I'd send a larger photo. The panel strip thru the middle is the same color.

The usual Remex i've seen I think have either black and silver or blue and silver. Or other OEM colors.

Nice find.

Please update here, or to me directly as you work on it. My units were used up thru the 90's and have newer service dates, and my not have the
capacitor problem, but not worth taking chances.

thanks
Jim