I had the privilege of doing Chuck's oral history for CHM a few years ago.

From: Christine Thacker [mailto:thac...@nhm.org]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2017 6:58 PM

Subject: Chuck Thacker

Roy, Alan, Butler & Kurt,

   I'm sorry to tell you that my father Chuck Thacker passed away in the
early hours of this morning, after a short battle with cancer.  He died
peacefully and without pain at home with his wife of 52 years, Karen, and
daughters Kathy and myself all with him.  He was incredibly brave and stoic,
as I'm sure you can imagine, and refused all invasive medical treatment
following his diagnosis in March.  As per his wishes, there will be no
memorial or service.  Kurt, when we heard that Bob was gone my father was so
sad, and I was also so sorry to hear the news.  Working with Bob and all of
you was a source of incredible joy, excitement, and fulfillment for him -
the great animating thread that wound through his life.  We are sad he is
gone, but his life was such an epic adventure that mainly we're all just
glad we got to be a part of it.

  Please feel free to distribute this news widely.

Christine Thacker