On 2017-06-16 1:40 PM, Tony Duell via cctalk wrote:
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Rob Jarratt
<robert.jarr...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

I have therefore come to the conclusion that people don't want my scans (for
whatever reason). And I am not going to waste my time scanning manuals as a
result. So no Philips P800 schematics, etc.

I would suggest that it is not a waste of time at all. If BitSavers won't have
them
then perhaps someone else will? That could go for other scans that have been
deemed inappropriate for bitsavers.

Maybe, maybe not...

If I have something scanned or otherwise available I will try to pass
it on to anyone
that wants it. I am not going to be selfish about it.

BUT... To scan, say the P851 technical manual (both volumes) would take several
days. I am not going to do that on the off-chance that somebody wants
it. I don't
want it, I have it on paper which I find more convenient at the bench.

I have somewhat bitter experience of this. Some time ago somebody noticed
I had a Trend HSR reader in one of my photos on filckr. They asked if I had the
manual. I do, and I scanned it for him. I mentioned it here and nobody was
interested in making it public. At the same time I found the Trend UDR manual,
so I scanned that too. I assume nobody would want that, so I've not bothered
to even try to get it 'out there'.

-tony

I second geneb. Just submit to archive.org as a default, in addition to wherever else.

Somebody pointed out to me that they also have tools: https://internetarchive.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cli.html

--Toby