Xerox comps were featured.... copiers too...
plus  some other brands.. I always  had the feeling  they  were  XEROX
company sponsored... but?

In a newspaper archive  search I come up  with a lot of ads  across the
country between 81 and 83... I sent  some  adds   to  some of the people that
were discussing this last  night.

This  comes at a  time of  interest as  I am   working on  documenting
some of the early  computer biz  in   AZ...  part of it  is pretty  easy  as
I was   involved in it... but  there is that  77 to 79   area  that still
holds  some mystery for me.  If anyone   has  any thing related to  early  PHX
 Byte shop   etc... drop me a note off list.

Ed#  _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 7/14/2017 9:06:13 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
cctalk@classiccmp.org writes:

On  07/13/2017 11:14 PM, jim stephens via cctalk wrote:

>  But he swears they were sold in Xerox Computer Stores that
> existed by  the
> thousands - for a rather brief period.
>
> I have only  the faintest memory of such a thing, I didn't
> start to work  for
> Xerox until 1985, and I don't recall the stores at all.
> Can anyone add to that?

Hmmm, I really don't remember any  such thing.  I suspect
that some independent computer store chain got  an OK to have
a big Xerox logo out on the front.  That would be quite
believable.  Some time in the early 80's there were computer
stores popping up overnight like mushrooms, and disappearing
just  about as fast.

Jon