On 18 July 2017 at 20:27, Ian Finder via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Keyboard collectors are a great evil in this world. I liken them to ivory
> poachers.

I appreciate that bottom-posting just got a bit harder on Gmail, but
it still works.

I confess to much trepidation at the hate for keyboard collectors, as
I am one. I'm typing on a late-1980s Apple Extended on my 2011 Mac
mini right now, connected via an ABD->USB convertor. Works beautifully
and makes the Mini feel like a proper Mac to me.

My desktop PC, meanwhile, has an IBM Model M, as do my work machines.
I have half a dozen of these beauties and I adore them.

I also have a small cache of DEC 420 keyboards for when I get around
to resurrecting my DEC VAXstations.

But all of the machines these came off went to new homes with a
working (but inferior) keyboard attached.

We're not _all_ evil, you know.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lpro...@gmail.com