On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 12:07 AM, Ed via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> Good  hear it stood the  test of  time! As an HP  PC  dealer in the 80s
> into early 90s   we ha a calculator   contract with HP also and...
> we  sold the heck out of them!
>
> Is it the only  one of the 10  series  calcs that stayed in  production?
>
> I have a set of the  special demo versions that were mounted on a
> descriptive plaque
> that had been in the PHX HP Corp demo center... when they redid that   they
> knew I
> Hoarded stuff and   sent them over.  For  some of the  10 series that were
> still being used
> we had them on the  display  floor  the others went into the  the suites
> next to the business
> in the historical display.
>
> Ed#
>

> In a message dated 4/2/2017 8:50:16 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
> cctalk@classiccmp.org writes:
>
> On Sun,  2 Apr 2017, Ed via cctalk wrote:
>
> > That is an undertaking  indeed!  I had not seen this....   Ed#
> > Someone   said the 12c was still being made?
>
> The 12c never went out of  production.  It has been continuously updated.
> A lot of bankers,  insurance people, etc still rely on them.
>

> --
> David  Griffith
> d...@661.org
>
> A: Because it fouls the order in which people  normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A:  Top-posting.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing in  e-mail?

So to necromance this thread, because why not, I got a DM42 beta unit last
month and it is AMAZING.

Even the pre-release hardware is pretty much up to production snuff, and in
my opinion this is the coolest thing SwissMicros has done to date.

I just felt like sending out a quick testimonial now that the thing is
in-hand.

SwissMicros deserves the business; they've come a very long way from the
original cute-but-not-super-useful credit card sized HP Voyager clones to
something as mature and powerful as the DM42.

--
   Ian Finder
   (206) 395-MIPS