Jobs had nothing to do with the invention of the 5.25" FDD:

The original impetus for a smaller less expensive FD came from Lanier via Jimmy
Adkisson in mid 1975

By early 1976 the Shugart Associate's engineers were working on a medium and
device based upon the size of the cassette tape drive

Circa early Feb 1976 Don Massaro and Adkisson visited Wang Labs and Dr. Wang
accepted the concept.  This was the key acceptance since at the time Wang was
the dominant OEM buyer of FDs.

Feb 22-25, 1976, George Sollman did an East Coast market survey of potential
minifloppy users.  The specs presented at that point were essentially the same
as the SA400 (I have a copy of the Sollman presentation)

Development test was in June and completed in July; evaluation units went to
Wang in August and production units shipped in Sept 1976

A nine month schedule in part due to the use of the 8-inch head which in turn
limited the unit to 35 tracks.  The industry ultimately adopted 40 tracks which
I think was pioneered by Tandon.

Apple was founded in April 1976 and incorporated in January 1977; the Apple ][
was announced in April 1977 without an FD.  The Disk II did not go on sale
until 1978 - two plus years after the SA400 objectives were final.  Clearly
Jobs had nothing to do with the invention of the 5.25-inch

Jobs probably did get his $100 FD by buying a naked drive and allowing Wozniak
to do the electronics.  Some observers think the Wozniak design was an
innovation and some think it was a disaster, but that is another discussion :-)

Tom