I have a puzzlement.  I have two very late (apparently) model RK07
drives on my PDP-11/24.  As part of an overall search for corroded
battery packs, I went looking for them on the RK07.  But my drives don't
seem to match the Illustrated Parts Breakdown for either early or late
model RK07 drives.

I expected to find the batteries just forward of the logic card cage
area, but there is nothing there.  Also, BOTH of the ones in the IPB
(designated early and late) seem to have the CA transition bracket near
the very rear of the drive.  Mine is about 8 inches forward of the rear
just to the left of the center area between the power supply and logic
card cage areas.

I did see one reference online from the December 1994 DECUServe Journal
to the batteries being "in a clip holder under the center column of the
drive".  One might take that to mean in the center area between the
logic card cage and the power supply, forward of the circuit
breaker/power cord entry.

But before I tear into that, can anyone confirm that that is where they
should be located?

Thanks.

JRJ