Hi all,

I'm principal investigator on a research project that encompasses the
history of the Xerox Alto workstation.  I'm trying to find people who
actually USED an Alto in the course of business/academics, i.e. writing
documents, sending emails and the like.  This is part of a set of
interviews intended to add the voices of non-inventor stakeholders to the
historical narrative.

Interviews to date have primarily been over Skype and last between a
half-hour and an hour, depending on how much the individual chooses to
share.  One may participate anonymously should you so choose.

This study is approved by the University of Washington Human Subjects
Review Board (IRB #42619) and an Informed Consent form will be provided
upon request or if you choose to participate.

Got stories to tell?  I'd love to hear 'em.  Please respond to me privately
at isk...@uw.edu.  Thanks -- Ian

PS:  I asked Jay for permission to post this.

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."