On Thu, 3 Aug 2017, emanuel stiebler wrote:
On 2017-08-03 11:12, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
It would be nice, though if someone just finished a MSCP controller with a CF or SD on it.

I don't think there is enough demand for it. So to finish it would take some effort, and the boards wouldn't be cheaper than the SCSI controllers out there (CMD, Emulex, etc).

I don't like the idea of CF or SD at all. I'd pretty much prefer PATA or SATA, because ...

However, it would be nice to get rid of the noise of rotating rust ;-)

... I have tons of PATA and SATA drives. Real drives are also much more reliable than flash drives, and the noise isn't an issue at all. Modern drives just don't make any noise when used in a PDP-11 (or whatever UNIBUS or QBUS system) ;-)

BTW the problem with Fujitsu Eagle SMD drives is that they need a complete lowlevel format from time to time. *All* Eagle drives I have, have developed bad sectors that can't be read without errors even with microstepping and other tricks.

Christian