Well, that didn't go too well.

I made the offer of the asking price. I got no reply, no acknowledgement, no
acceptance or rejection. Then today someone else made an offer which seems to
have been accepted. When I asked why I had not even had a response I was told
he wasn't prepared to wait for several weeks (I had said I might not be able to
collect for a week or two), and I had not been given any opportunity to discuss
it. I could see he had accepted someone else's offer, and he then promptly
asked me if I would beat his highest offer.

After accepting someone's offer it doesn't seem too right to then ask if
someone else will beat it. Perhaps not the kind of seller to deal with I think.

So, although I have wanted a VT125 for a long time, it looks like I am not
going to get one :-(

Regards

Rob