On 2017-08-27 16:11, Kirk Davis wrote:
I just moved from the Bay Area to AZ and I'll tell you what I did.
Cardboard boxes with news paper. uHaul seemed to have the best boxes. The Small
and
Med have handles which help. Number the boxes with a sharpie and take pictures
of
> the number then the snap a picture 2 or 3 times inside the box as fill it.
You can do this quickly and then go through the images to find something rather
than ripping into boxes once you are at your new location.

Good idea!

I rented a Budget truck. They give you 5 days and you drop it at a local dealer.
A 24’ truck is huge. uHaul trucks have the “grandma’s attic” over the cab but
they include that in the length of the truck. So a 24’ Budget has more space
than a uHaul 24’ truck.I used movinghelp.com and you can get 2 or 3 people
for a reasonable price. Like everything else online look at the reviews.
The guys that did the loading were really good. They packed everything
like a puzzle & tight so I didn’t have to use much strapping.

OK, thanks!

I’ve downsized my collection 2 times on big moves both times I wish a kept
more. I hope this helps.

Everything was helpful, but the last remark ;-)

Kirk