On Mon, 11 Sep 2017, Murray McCullough via cctalk wrote:
Was Jerry Pournelle the FIRST to write a PUBLISHED NOVEL on a
MICROCOMPUTER? Yikes! Talk about SHOUTING.

It is EMPHASIS of individual words and phrases.
THIS IS SHOUTING!  FIGURE OUT THE DIFFERENCE!

As a historian is it worth the aggravation to please everyone? Does revisionism take away the honour(Cdn. Here!) Jerry Pournelle rightly deserves for pioneering work in our beloved computing genre? Are the passing of our early microcomputing pioneers leaving a hole in our history?

Do you consider it to be "revisionism" to get the historical record correct, rather than continue popular myths?

As a historian, do you think that it is correct behavior to continue to declare Columbus to be the "first" "discoverer" of America? As a historian, do you think that it is correct behavior to let it slide when somebody declares that Steve Jobs invented computers? As a historian, do you think that it is correct behavior to let it slide when somebody declares that Bill Gates invented software?

Jerry did good work.  Let's not credit him with the wrong things.

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com