The other day I bought an HP thin client (HP T5530) and had planned to use it for my prom programmer.  The thin client has a parallel port and will boot to dos so I thought that would be perfect.

When I reloaded the HP OS software into flash memory and booted the client up I noticed there was a terminal emulation capability.  It seemed to be comprehensive in that it would emulate Tektronix, all kinds of DEC VT terminals and would do TEKTRONIX, REGIS and VT640 graphics.  I tried it connected to a VAX via its serial port and it worked.  I tried telnet into a VAX and ran a program that generated TEK4010 type graphics.  It drew the graph OK but once in the TEK mode I couldn't get it back into terminal mode.  The client froze up and I had to reboot.

Has anyone else ever tried these as graphics terminals?  Is the emulation good or bad?  I'm looking for color, say VT340 or VT525.

Doug