Thanks for that. The slow start one sounds like an interesting avenue to
explore. I have been told some of the capacitors on these tend to be bad.
Finding the capacitor (if it does indeed do a slow start) will be a challenge
for me. I have been reverse engineering the schematic a bit, but some of the
parts are hard to see as they are hidden by a heatsink which is not easily
removed...

In doing the reverse engineering I have spotted a 10R resistor near the output
section that is relatively high power that seems to have some physical damage
(it is one of the hard to see components). It is marked as 10R and measures 10R
(in circuit), but measures 0V across it when the PSU is powered up. I may
remove it to check it over.

Regards

Rob