Hello Anders -

Sorry for the delay responding - I had a couple medical issues pop up that slowed me down a bit.

Yes, there are two photosensors on the Overland Data Tape Drive that detect BOT/EOT conditions from the shiny reflective strip.

I checked the voltages coming out of the photo detector thingus's and see +0.3 VDC with no strip and +3.0VDC with the reflective strip.

That seems OK to me - but, I have no schematic.

I believe from the parts placement on the board that the BOT/EOT signal path goes into an op-amp - probably.

Regards to the List from the Rocky MOuntains,

Jack

Hi Jack,

I believe finding the load point and bottom-of-tape has to do with photosensors that pick up reflected light from a lamp/photo detector assembly in the tape path. Are you sure the lamps are working? After that you'd look for the reflective sticker on the tape then perhaps scope the photo detectors.

=]

--
Anders Nelson

+1 (517) 775-6129