On Thu, 16 Nov 2017, CuriousMarc wrote:
What did you do for the screen mold? Hot wire method to separate CRT from implosion window? Put the CRT in a hot water bath? Chip at the glue? Marc

What we did on one of our 2645 terminals was the hot wire method. We then attached the "implosion" window to the inner of the case.

BTW is it really an implosion protection? I don't think so because since the 60s, practically all CRTs have a so-called "integral implosion protection" (thick glass on the front and metal band around the edge). I think it is just an anti-glare filter glass. OTOH American CRTs may be completely different in this aspect compared to European ones.

Christian