On Thu, 1 Feb 2018, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
IN my case, all of my drives are terminated in DC37M connectors and my
controllers have DC37F.    Half-height and 3.5" drives are housed in old
IBM 4569 boxes (we bought 50 of the things back in the day) and the 8"
and FH 5.25" have their own external boxes with PSU.
So, no matter what I want to do, it's a matter of plugging something in
and turning it on.  Need a 100 tpi drive?  Just grab it off the shelf
and plug it in.
That extents to not only PC floppy controllers, but things such as
Catweasels (I fit them with a buffer board ending in a DC37F on a
bracket) and even my WD-based controllers and my MCU setups.
It streamlines the process greatly.

The RIGHT way to do it!
I never got around to doing it right.

You probably put everything into boxes with power supplies, and NEVER
"just temporarily" connect a drive sitting loose. Nor even try to "apply gentle pressure" on head positioner to try to read a disk written out of alignment (surprisingly, it worked with extra, but not unreasonable amount of, retries!) Yeah, I know, the right way would be to misalign a drive, and then re-align it.

IFF you ever decide that you need the FDADAP (TG43), then it could go into a tiny inline project box with a DC37M input and DC37F output.

IFF you wanted to use switch boxes, as I did, you would need one DC37M to DC37M cable (screwed permanently onto the input of the switchbox). I had expected to have noise or connection problems with the switchboxes, but it never happened. Cheap crap was a lot better in those days!