On 02/21/2018 05:26 AM, Philipp Hachtmann via cctalk wrote:
I have to say that I hate this email thread abuse so much...!

;-)

Is it so difficult to leave the thread about PICTURES (fill in whatever topic it was about) intact?

I suspect it's either people that don't know they are breaking threading or MUAs that behave badly.

I'm on a list where it seems as if a frequent contributer uses an MUA that does not send In-Reply-To or References headers at all. It doesn't even send a User-Agent header. *sigh*

And on the other hand there are those people who seem to be unable to create a prober reply to the list and therefore make threads appear scattered and broken into many many pieces...

I've taken to leveraging Mutt's ability to "link-threads" (&) and "break-thread" (#) to ""fix things and make the thread appear like I want in Thunderbird.

And yes, I know that I sent this message as a reply to another message.

I think your reply is in direct response to the message that it is replying to. So … I think you're on the lighter side of gray here. :-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die