On 03/29/2018 09:54 AM, emanuel stiebler via cctalk wrote:
On 2018-03-28 22:26, Shaun Halstead via cctalk wrote:
All of the DEC film I
have (which I believe is already available) is diazo duplicates, which are
susceptible to fading over time, even when stored in proper conditions.
That's why we should do it now, not later ;-)

Huh? DEC service and software listings on Diazo? Hmmm, you are right! I always thought these were silver film, but just took a look and they are very dark blue Diazo. On the other hand, these are VMS 4.2 fiche, so QUITE old, and look totally brand-new. So, we have a few years yet to find a way to read them.

I am familiar with that frosty Diazo fiche that are very pale blue color, wouldn't be surprised if those faded. They were never intended for archival storage.

Jon