On 05/26/2018 02:15 PM, Dave Wade via cctalk wrote:
Well in case any one has the slightest bit of interest, I have now plugged the RAID card back in and after replacing on of the drive carriers I can get five of the six drives to spin up. Its now copying stuff to my Buffalo NAS but as its 10Mbit LAN its not terribly fast. I think the NAS isn't very fast either. It looks like zipping up the files and FTPing the ZIP files might be the quickest way to go.

So is the RAID up in a degraded state? Or is it optimal and the other two disks are spares?

Either way, COOL!!!

It sounds like you're doing some good computer archaeology / preservation.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die