Or they now think everything that is worthless is worth massive amounts of money.

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Gunshannon via cctalk
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:15 PM
To: cctalk@classiccmp.org
Subject: Re: old DEC stuff

On 05/30/2018 01:55 PM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
     > From: Dominique Carlier

     > I just regret this incredible rise in prices for collector machines
     > that, not so long ago, were languishing in wet sheds

Hey, look at the bright side: as a result, they are much less likely to be
simply recycled as scrap.

I see quite the opposite.  After a while of sitting, taking up valuable
warehouse space with  no one expressing interest in buying them
they are likely to be scrapped as valueless.

I took great pleasure in telling one seller who'd pulled a board-set,
and recycled the rest, that the part he'd recycled was worth a lot more
than the part he'd saved. Hopefully that kind of news gets around.

And the seller probably laughed it off and sent the next batch to the
scrap yard fondly remembering you as some nut.

bill

---