On Thu, 7 Jun 2018, Aaron Jackson wrote:
The VAX turns on and the status LED stays on F. The DC lamp does not
illuminate on the PSU. 5V rail appears fine but there is nothing from
the 12V rail. There were some *very* dodgy looking caps which I have
replaced, and some *very* exploded MOSFETs, which I have also
replaced.

If that's all that you replaced, no wonder it still doesn't work ;-)
Usually shorted power transistors in SMPSUs also break one or more fusable resistors, maybe some diodes, maybe the driver IC or transistors. So if you have anything that "exploded" in the power supply, be sure there is more work to be invested that replacing the obious parts.

Christian