On 9/7/18 9:09 AM, Mark J. Blair via cctalk wrote:

> The display was a fully enclosed standalone unit, not a bare chassis. It sat
> on top of the bottom chassis of the terminal and then had another cover
> fitted over it.
>
> It had screen burn which indicated its use as part of a text terminal, but I
> don't know if the character generation was originally performed in the bottom
> chassis or by external equipment. The small DEC wire wrap backplane in the
> bottom chassis didn't seem big enough to implement all of that with flip
> chips. Maybe the backplane was just used for keyboard interface, and
> character generation was done by equipment external to the terminal?

The VT02 was apparently a PDP-8 device

https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1185657/m2/1/high_res_d/6649931.pdf

Thus the  FY  1969 equipment  increment  was procured  from  DEC
and consisted  of one  KAIO Processor, one PDP-8 Computer  (4K memory),
4 VT02 Terminals, plus controllers, teleprinters, and  cables for  a total of
$167,042.  For  FY  1970, the  plan  called  for  additional  memory
capability,
disk packs, and additional inputting terminals for a total  of $189,000.

The only thing we have in the archive apparently are four proof negatives,
unless the
controller had a different name.