> On Feb 13, 2019, at 2:43 AM, Fritz Mueller via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
> SUCCESS!!
>
> Put the M795 out on an extender, loaded 167777 in RKBAR, and had a look
> around with a logic probe.  Narrowed it down to E34 (a 7430 8-input NAND).
> Pulled, socketed, replaced, and off she goes!
>
> I can now successfully boot and run both V6 Unix and RSTS/E V06C from disk.

Congratulations.  You have successfully performed a repair of the type done at
customer sites by highly trained DEC field service personnel.  They were the
ones who traveled with an oscilloscope, a tool case including soldering iron,
and a case full of replacement chips.

One difference is that the diagnostics didn't point to the problem, which in my
experience is rather an unusual situation.  Nicely done.