Yes, with the power supply disconnected from the mobo, it pops.

alan

On 3/5/19 3:43 PM, Warner Losh wrote:
If you disconnect the power supply from the motherboard, disks, etc, does it still pop? If so -> bad power supply. If not, reconnect one at a time and see if it is load based (eg each of them connected alone causes it). If it is purely load based, then it's a bad ps). If there's one thing that causes it to pop, there's an issue there. If it is the mobo, you might also try w/o the VR201 connected, since if that's pulling too much power, it can cause a PS overload (though I've never had this issue, I've read about it years ago).

Warner