On 4/17/19 10:30 PM, Andrew Luke Nesbit via cctalk wrote:
Hello all,

Hi,

I have been wanting to acquire a plane of magnetic core memory as a piece of computing history. My partner actually thinks they look very beautiful and says we should frame it, if we ever find a plane.

If you just want core memory, check out the following link:

Link - Core Memory Shield for Arduino
 - https://www.tindie.com/products/kilpelaj/core-memory-shield-for-arduino/

You can actually use Core Memory on a modern computer.  }:-)

Does anybody here have any ideas? For example, what is it? Or, if you don't know, could you point me in the right direction so I can do the research myself? Thanks!!

I have no idea.

The connectors remind me of a DEC machine bus, but I don't know what the bus name is. I also find it odd that memory would plug into the system bus like that.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die