On 13/05/2019 23:47, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:
On 5/13/19 3:58 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
I don't want to get into a long discussion; I merely wanted to point out that you're unlikely to find the term "gaming adapter" in Linux tech docs as they're not written for that audience.

You /might/ not find the term in a Linux tech doc.  But I'd be somewhat surprised if you didn't.

Hmm. I've been a network manager for over 20 years, supporting tens of thousands of staff and students at a university where there's a lot of gaming activity and I've never heard the term gaming adapter before.

The term could mean many things...

> The first eight hits on a google search for "gaming adapter" are
> directly relevant.

The first few hits I get refer to a USB device to connect to a console to give it WiFi capability. That's not what Charles described, and what you referred to, which is a network bridge.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull