On Sat, 29 Jun 2019, Marvin Johnston via cctalk wrote:
FYI, it is unlikely there would have been a VCF without Sellam. He basically started it (with his own money) and continued through the first 10 years or so. Many others help support VCF (and continue to do so even though Sellam backed out some number of years ago.)

Many thanks to Sellam those who continue it!
I didn't get an adequate chance to thank Evan at the show last year.

I, for one, fully support Sellam in his effots to move out his inventory, and have never seen him sell anything at 10x prices.

10x??!?

An Imsai 8080 is s'posed to sell for $599 ($931 assembled)
An Apple 1 is s'posed to sell for $666.66
A TRS-80 is s'posed to be $599.95, with monitor and cassette player.
A 5150 is s'posed to be $1281, easily $1565 with base features, and up.
What kind of "capitalist profiteers" would go with what the market will bear, and charge more?

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com