ED SHARPE via cctalk wrote:
Was IBM Series/1 for process control?Ed#
writes:In a message dated 8/2/2019 6:18:22 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
cctalk@classiccmp.org
On 08/02/2019 02:40 PM, Kevin Bowling via cctalk wrote:
Anyone have one of these?  I'd like to find a system, but images of
the OS media would be interesting.
I have some bits of several Series/1 systems, but no
complete system at all.

Jon
Given the little literature I've seen on the subject, and also the amount of real-time control computers that I've seen in labs being dismantled... I'd say that it was probably a late IBM response to PDP-11 and HP 21xx and 1xxx process control computers.  But I did not experience that era (I'm talking only about stuff that I've seen tossed out), so I am probably clueless.

carlos.