On 20/03/2020 21:28, Jan-Benedict Glaw via cctalk wrote:
Hi Maciej!

Long time no see!

On Fri, 2020-03-20 17:36:25 +0000, Maciej W. Rozycki <ma...@linux-mips.org>
wrote:
On Tue, 10 Mar 2020, Jan-Benedict Glaw via cctalk wrote:
Linux and/or NetBSD/vax would be a good choice, though, to implement the
VAX's system calls and execute it's binaries. Though there were more
concerted efforts to do this years ago, but I don't know what became of
them. Google shows a smattering of efforts littered with broken links. :(
There was a vax-linux port started by others, and I cared for it for a
good number of years. My life changed a lot since then, I quite failed
(and failed hard!) to bring up the needed time to care for Linux, care
for GCC and Binutils, GNU libc and all those programs silently
expecting IEEE floating point support.
  I'm still here to help. :)
<3

  I expect to get at least one of my VAXen online RSN (a 4000/60, with
TURBOchannel).  As in a couple of weeks' time (if only not that damn COVID
thing!).  It boots our ancient VAX/Linux port with an NFS-root over a PMAD
interface.  Other machines may follow.
Actually, I'm searching (more active than ever) for a proper location
to put all of my hardware to. I already have shelves, controllable
power plugs, and just today an EPROM reader/writer arrived. Though I'm
unsure (to use fair language) when there'll be a really up-to-date
working Linux port. But maybe at some time, there'll be one!

MfG, JBG

Considering the struggle I'm having installing any version of NetBSD on any of my VAX systems that would nice to have.

Rod Smallwood - Digital Equipment Corporation  - 1975 - 1985