On 17/04/2020 17:02, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:

Looking at the document, my case looks more interesting.

As I noted, the two sets of appendices are mostly completely different. There are 9 appendices that look like they are from the primary document and 5 that look like they are from inserted pages. Both sets start numbering from "A". There is one title shared between the two sets.

But the really interesting thing is that the copyright date on the "primary" document is AFTER the date in the footers of the "inserted" pages.

FYI - the document is Computervision CADDStation System Software Installation.

So, any recommendations on what I should do?

I have no particular recommendation as such, other than to scan every page and to keep them all together: if they started life as one folder then I'd suggest that they should continue that way.

If you do that and a "better organisation" or "standard" appears later, it should be easy enough to post-process your PDF to arrange the pages to meet that new standard.

Also, any recommendations on a software tool to slice and dice PDFs that is inexpensive?

pdftk works well for managing pages and PDFs. I've used pdfshuffler too, when I want a "visual" tool.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini
anto...@acarlini.com