On 7/16/20 11:58 AM, Ali wrote:
Absolutely correct. Proof reading good ;)! It was RAID 1.

I'm guessing that the cosmic ray flipped the bit in transit to the mailing list server. :-D

Interesting. Is there an official RAID level for three drive parity?

I'm not aware of one. But my ignorance thereof does not preclude it from existing.

True. That is one of the points the article makes too. Basically, you can't get the data fast enough but that would be inherent in both SW and HW implementations. The only way to overcome that is to use SSDs I would think.

It's the same problem. It's just that the speed limit / goal post has been moved further out, hopefully in front of the choke point.

That is nice. I may have to look at it next time I do a RAID implementation.

;-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die