When dozens or hundreds start up within weeks or months of each other, every one is important, and most are interesting, but "FIRST" or "STARTED THE TREND" (implying being the "first") cease to really mean anything.

It's generally better to never use the word "FIRST"; there is almost always a lesser known one that was earlier.

That might be true for discussions where people don't care to do any research, or where words like "first" are uses more for hyperbolic emphasis, but suggesting someone started an industry on a list like this, I think, doesn't seem out of place.

If someone has examples of this being wrong, he / she will say so, and we'll all learn. If not, the original message has conveyed useful information.

Relatedly, I have what I think is the only 1U VAX in the world. I've mentioned this in many places, but if someone says I'm wrong and shows me an example of another, it would please me, not upset me. I'll have learned of another :)

John