I re mn ember  GEm5 as a guide ran under dos .  .
Ed#
On Friday, September 18, 2020 Paul Koning via cctalk <paulkon...@comcast.net;
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Sep 17, 2020, at 10:18 PM, Michael Kerpan via cctalk
> <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Something in another recent thread about LISP machines got me wondering:
> how many early graphical systems are well emulated (or emulated at all)? I
> know that there are more or less functional emulations of Alto, Star, and
> Lisa out there, but what about the various LISP machines or the early
> workstations (Sun 68K, Apollo, etc) Also, assuming that there are emulators
> for some of these systems out there, has any software to run on them and
> been archived?
>
> Mike

One system that could be considered a GUI, or at least the beginnings of one,
is the PLATO system.  Emulations of that are alive and well, in particular the
system described at cyber1.org.