I've been talking to the guy in NYC who has the storage portion of what appears to have been part of a Toaster Flyer setup (I forget who, but someone on the list forwarded details a few months ago) - two 5.25" full-height SCSI drives, a 3.5" SCSI drive, passive ISA backplane, and some form of TBC card (made by DPS).

I'm not sure who made the 3.5" drive, but the two FH ones appear to be 9GB Seagate Elites (I'm assuming they were the two video stores, and the 3.5" was for audio).

The big question is whether in a Flyer environment the drives run custom microcode or will have been LLFed to something other than a "standard" 512 byte block size - I believe that the Flyer was really pushing the boundaries of what was possible when it was current, and the majority of drives on the market just didn't have the necessary throughput (I see a "Newtek approved" sticker on one of the Seagates). I know that the storage was considered "proprietary", but I don't know if that just means that the filesystem was Flyer-specific (i.e. not AFFS), or if there was more to it than that.

cheers

Jules