Ethan Dicks via cctalk wrote:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 10:02 PM Jay Jaeger via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
I have had my system since February, 1988 when a friend and I hauled the
11/24, two RK07's a VT100 and  and TU10 out of U Wisconsin Bascom Hall
for about $600.
Nice.  I didn't end up working for UW-Madison until 2003.  I never
encountered any Unibus gear at that late a date, but I did run across
some Qbus cards.

-ethan

Back in '89-91 at UW-Madison,  the main mail server was vms.macc.wisc.edu .  We at EE had mostly Sun, Apollo (later HP9000/400)  and Mac II's to play with, but the guys at ChemE had a bunch of vaxen (mostly Microvax II's); they had DECNet but were also accessible via IP somehow, at least on some nodes.  Nobody was throwing interesting stuff to the trash in those days.

Carlos.