Bill Gunshannon wrote:
On 11/12/20 12:45 PM, Zane Healy wrote:
On Nov 12, 2020, at 7:42 AM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org <mailto:cctalk@classiccmp.org>> wrote:

Hopefully with the move to x86, we’ll see more people interested in OpenVMS.

Personally, I doubt that.

There's something icky about VMS running on x86.  I can't see the prospect
being attractive to either the VMS people or the x86 people.

As another aside, it is rather interesting how many hits for VAX and
VMS I got that have nothing to do with what we think of as VAX and VMS.

Vacuum cleaners and virtual machines?

And Virtual Messaging Systems and Volunteer Management System
and Vendor Management System and Video Management Software,
etc. etc. etc.

How could you forget to mention the Voluntary Milking System?

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.

bill