On 11/17/20 4:57 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
On 11/17/20 1:03 PM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:

Agony?  Considering the alternatives to compare it to at the time
not really much agony.

(Sorry for the blank response, but my email client has moved the buttons!)

At any  rate, I'll take 10Base2 over 10Base5 any day.  Lots of BNC
fittings

Which was nice until one of your users wanted to move their desk or
computer and put an extension between the T-connector and the computer.

          I find to be preferable to "vampire taps" and tape measures.
Just remember the terminators.

If you were using yellow ethernet cable and not generic RG-8 no
tape measure.  The tap locations were marked on the jacket.  And
vampire taps were no big deal.  I still have my drill.  Biggest
problem was keeping the building electricians from grounding the
terminators at both ends.

bill